Moscowrade Fashion Show

Hello Readers, 

            I am so sorry that I haven't updated the blog for a few months. Things have been pretty hectic for this Aspiring Fashionista. 

          So, the Moscowrade fashion show took place in April, and we just got the pictures from the show so I'm excited to share them with you. Moscowrade is an annual fashion show that the Fashion Department at my school is in charge of. The show consists of fashion students designing, modeling, and producing really beautiful garments that are either up cycled, reused, or even entirely made from scratch. Last year I was fortunate enough to model in the show a wonderful dress made entirely out of paper by a senior designer. This year, I was able to hit the runway modeling for two very talented designers. I modeled a medieval Barbie look for the designer Krista Baker, and a completely re-done 80s wedding dress for the designer Amanda Dumont. The day of the show was really busy and hectic (I had to be at the rehearsal spot at 8am to help set up, rehearsal started at noon) but the final result was absolutely wonderful. I'm so incredibly lucky to be a part of such a wonderful program, and to know the incredibly talented and wonderful fellow Aspiring Fashionistas that the community has introduced me to. Below you can scroll through and view the pictures of The Big Day ;)

          In other news, it is July at the moment and I have been attempting to find time to do a few up cycled projects of my own, but between my summer job, and the online Marketing class I'm taking this summer, its incredibly hard to find enough time just to sit down with my sewing machine to bond. I'll keep you all updated though. Anyway, thank you for your patience with me, and thank you so much for reading my blog.

         Stay Excellent,
Medieval Barbie look created from scratch by Krista Baker
                 An Aspiring Fashionista
80's wedding dress re-done by Amanda Dumont





Hitting the runway in the wedding dress
The back of the wedding dress

The full front of the dress


Comments

Popular Posts